We have already been to like five different doctors.
This is a completely accurate portrayal of what it’s like to go from having your parents take you to the doctor, to suddenly realizing you have to take yourself to the doctor.
I blame the invincible twenties. If I had been sicker that decade I might understand more of this crap.
Oh god is that not the truth? They need some kind of class in adulthood on how to take yourself to the doctors.
Adjusted College Core Curriculum:
- Get More Money 101: how to balance your checkbook, file your taxes, and make a budget you can actually stick to
- Stop Breaking Stuff 101 and 102: First semester is personal wellness like stretching and diet, second semester is all about vehicle maintenance
- Stick It To The Man 201: How to navigate the bureaucracy of our lives, with actual trips to the doctor, DMV, and registering to vote yes you will register to vote and failing to vote during this class guarantees an automatic minimum C you little shit.
- Emailing In Complete Sentences 301: This course is proctored by Sister Mary Catherine, her yardstick, and a Fortune 500 CEO guest speaker lecturing the importance of professional communication.
- Effective Communication 401: Surprise, this class is secretly a semester-long course designed to dig out your ethnocentrism by the roots and burn it on the front lawn. Learn empathy or fail, yolos.
- Cupcake Seminar (all years, at least one credit required): Because everyone should know how to bake a goddamned cupcake without help of any kind.